|Hotel Belair, Sorrento|
|Isle of Capri|
|Annunziata Watch Tower|
We had a magnificent meal here in a small but elegant restaurant named, appropriately, La Torre. This Michelin starred restaurant, totally unexpected here in the middle of nowhere, was an incredible find. It’s owned by the Tonio Mazzola family. Mother, Maria, is in charge of the kitchen, daughters, Amelia and Alissa are in the dining room and son-in-law, Luigi helps. The menu featured something called “Maria’s Choices”, a five course taster menu. For someone who loves to discover new tastes but has a small appetite, it was made in heaven.
- eggplant cooked with tomato and cheese
- tiny fish fillets with a lemon and oil dressing
- beans baked with peppers
- Octopus, the star of the show. I’ve tried octopus many times. It has always seemed to me to have the texture of old tires. This experience has changed my mind. It was tender and utterly delicious. I asked how it was prepared. It was first boiled, then marinated in olive oil and lemon juice.
- Fresh tuna and tomatoes over large cylindrical pasta shells
- Gnocchi Sorrentino, little potato pastas with a tomato and cheese sauce.
- something called (I think) Monaco.
|Me in Hotel Belair lobby with one of many metal sculptures|
Following are my published novels. Go to my Goodreads page, to find more info and reviews.
To purchase one of these books, just click on the book link below and select the vendor of your choice.
• The Memory of Roses ~ The story of a secret and how it impacts two generations of the McQuaid family. It unfolds on the beautiful Greek Island of Corfu and is a tale complete with beautiful and passionate women, handsome and fiery men, and an intriguing mystery.
• Delighting In Your Company ~ Delighting In Your Company is a paranormal romance set on an exotic Caribbean island, featuring a handsome ghost and an adventurous heroine who travels back in time to solve a mystery!
"Delighting In Your Company is a unique paranormal romance that brings together island folklore, history, and mystery with an unlikely romance between the past and present that had me going through a torrent of emotions and made it impossible to put down." -- The Romance Reviews
• Sonata ~ Sayuri McAllister has just arrived home to Vancouver to find some shocking situations:
~ A robbery has taken place at her family home, and it is being investigated by her old flame;
~ Alyssa James who she barely knows, is about to become her new stepmother;
~ and Alyssa’s brother, Hugh James, is a charming Irishman who is intent on bedding and wedding the rich and beautiful Sayuri.
It’s a confusing and difficult time for Sayuri, especially when dangerous accidents happen to her father and herself – or are they accidents?
• Abigail's Christmas (short story) ~ An enchanting tale of love and romance, with a magical touch of fantasy.
Abigail's Christmas is a holiday story about Abigail who goes looking for a tree on Christmas Eve, and ends up with the man of her dreams in a sleigh in the Rockies --- with a wedding in the offing! Is it real? Is she dreaming? Or is it just Christmas magic?