My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finding Isadora is the delightful story of a young woman who has everything she thinks she wants, a successful career as a veterinarian, a safe conventional engagement to an attractive, conventional man with a good future ahead of him, a thoroughly conventional picket-fence sort of life well planned. As far as she can get from her parents’ life style. She loves her parents but wants her own life to be as unlike their freewheeling hippie lifestyle as possible. She wants predictability, marital fidelity and financial security above all. Or at least that’s what she thinks she wants, until she meets activist lawyer, Gabriel DeLuca, who just happens to be her fiancé’s father.
Fox is skillful in her storytelling and in drawing her characters, making them grow in believable ways as they face their problems. Almost imperceptibly we see Isadora come to understand who she really is and what she needs in her life to be true to her own nature.
I recommend Finding Isadora to all readers who enjoy women’s fiction.
View all my reviews
Following are my published novels. Go to my Goodreads page, to find more info and reviews.
To purchase one of these books, just click on the book link below and select the vendor of your choice.
COMING SOON! Blair's latest novel, Romantic Road, is a romantic mystery set in Europe. It is set for release in 2014! Stay tuned.
• Romantic Road ~ My latest novel takes you on a chase across Europe with our heroine who finds herself in a series of precarious situations. She encounters a handsome stranger, but is he helping her, or is he dangerous? This story has hair raising suspense, romance and a sprinkling of humour
• The Memory of Roses ~ The story of a secret and how it impacts two generations of the McQuaid family. It unfolds on the beautiful Greek Island of Corfu and is a tale complete with beautiful and passionate women, handsome and fiery men, and an intriguing mystery.
• Delighting In Your Company ~ Delighting In Your Company is a paranormal romance set on an exotic Caribbean island, featuring a handsome ghost and an adventurous heroine who travels back in time to solve a mystery!
"Delighting In Your Company is a unique paranormal romance that brings together island folklore, history, and mystery with an unlikely romance between the past and present that had me going through a torrent of emotions and made it impossible to put down." -- The Romance Reviews
• Sonata ~ Sayuri McAllister has just arrived home to Vancouver to find some shocking situations:
~ A robbery has taken place at her family home, and it is being investigated by her old flame;
~ Alyssa James who she barely knows, is about to become her new stepmother;
~ and Alyssa’s brother, Hugh James, is a charming Irishman who is intent on bedding and wedding the rich and beautiful Sayuri.
It’s a confusing and difficult time for Sayuri, especially when dangerous accidents happen to her father and herself – or are they accidents?
• Abigail's Christmas (short story) ~ An enchanting tale of love and romance, with a magical touch of fantasy.
Abigail's Christmas is a holiday story about Abigail who goes looking for a tree on Christmas Eve, and ends up with the man of her dreams in a sleigh in the Rockies --- with a wedding in the offing! Is it real? Is she dreaming? Or is it just Christmas magic?